Enclosed hitch mounted ski carrier?

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
Does anyone know if a hitch mounted ski box? I drive a large SUV, and a roof mounted cargo box is a pain. Hard to load/unload, and have to remove it every-time I want to park in the garage.

I used to be able to put all the skis in the cargo area of the truck, but no more. Kids are getting too big and so is their gear.

I've found plenty of hitch mounted carriers, but they are all open carriers. The skis will be a mess by the time we get to/from the mountain from road grime, salt, etc.

Is there any type of hitch mounted box tall enough to fix skis?

Thanks for any pointers!

Re: Enclosed hitech mounted ski carrier?

I don't know of such a box, but I saw a guy unloading his roof mounted cargo box once who had brought along a small step ladder. Made it a ton easier and didn't take up a lot of space when it was folded.

If I had to go that route, I probably would too. But if we go skiing on the weekend, the thought of pulling the box off the roof for the week (to keep the truck in the warm garage and out of the snow) really sounds like a pain...I can't believe there's nothing out there. Must be a reason I just haven't thought of...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.