Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Enclosed hitch mounted ski carrier?

1. Back To Top    #1

Enclosed hitch mounted ski carrier?

Does anyone know if a hitch mounted ski box? I drive a large SUV, and a roof mounted cargo box is a pain. Hard to load/unload, and have to remove it every-time I want to park in the garage.

I used to be able to put all the skis in the cargo area of the truck, but no more. Kids are getting too big and so is their gear.

I've found plenty of hitch mounted carriers, but they are all open carriers. The skis will be a mess by the time we get to/from the mountain from road grime, salt, etc.

Is there any type of hitch mounted box tall enough to fix skis?

Thanks for any pointers!
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Enclosed hitech mounted ski carrier?

I don't know of such a box, but I saw a guy unloading his roof mounted cargo box once who had brought along a small step ladder. Made it a ton easier and didn't take up a lot of space when it was folded.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Enclosed hitch mounted ski carrier?

If I had to go that route, I probably would too. But if we go skiing on the weekend, the thought of pulling the box off the roof for the week (to keep the truck in the warm garage and out of the snow) really sounds like a pain...I can't believe there's nothing out there. Must be a reason I just haven't thought of...
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Enclosed hitech mounted ski carrier?

Can you put the box on a hitch hauler? http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... KU-9238117 (I hope this is the correct link)

That is what we used for our jetski stuff.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit