Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Drained waaayyy too much water -- Now what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Drained waaayyy too much water -- Now what?

I started a siphon with a 2" hose while trying to fix an inherited CYA problem from this summer and got called in for an emergency at work that took the better part of 6 hours to resolve. By the time I back home there was very little water left. It's a Doughboy pool with a 28ga liner that is faded, but appears to be in good shape. The pool was here when we bought the house last year, but can be no older than 5 years. The sides of the pool are stable (it's not buried more than a few inches), but the liner is wrinkled and pulled away from the cove around most of the pool. I realize I should refill for the sake of structural integrity, but what are my chances tearing? Any advice on smoothing the wrinkles from the bottom without damaging anything? Should I consider replacing the liner?
    14,500gal/Doughboy/AG/Vinyl/32L16W3.5-5D
    Pentair WhisperFlo/.5HP/18" Sand Filter
    East Texas/Full Sun/Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Drained waaayyy too much water -- Now what?

You can get in while your filling to work the wrinkles out or hook a shop vac up where the return is and that will help also.
    To replace the liner, that would have to be your call.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the quick reply. What about the liner tearing after it's restretched? Is this a common problem or am I mostly seeing other people's horror stories?
    14,500gal/Doughboy/AG/Vinyl/32L16W3.5-5D
    Pentair WhisperFlo/.5HP/18" Sand Filter
    East Texas/Full Sun/Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm really not quite sure on that. It might depend on how long it was exposed without water. Gotten brittle.
    Somebody else might be able to give a better answer on that.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.