Im not sure how this is possible?

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
Well here we go again :grrrr: Spa is backflowing into the pool. I had this same problem about a month ago so I replaced the check valve and that was the problem.
So now its happening again? I wouldn't think the brand new check valve would go bad that fast so I'm trying to find out if I have another problem?
As you can see from the picture there is a Jandy valve on the return and I have shut the valve off to the spa but it is still backflowing? How in the heck is this possible? Could it have something to do with the In floor Cleaning system?

I can't figure it out :hammer:

Attachments

• Pump Discharge.JPG
    Pump Discharge.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 137
Bama Rambler said:
Back off and take a picture of the entire equipment pad. I don't see anything in that picture other than the check valve that would allow the spa to return to the pool.

Not a great picture but better.

How could it be backflowing from the suction side?

This started happening again after the pool guy came on Friday. I think he backflushed the pool but I'm not sure? We are cancelling the service tomorrow and I am going to take care of he pool myself, not just because of this issue but several issues in the past. :rant:

Attachments

• Pump Filter2.JPG
    Pump Filter2.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 128
If the three-way valve on the suction port does not fully close off the spa, then water could flow from the spa to the pool suction (skimmers and main drain) while the pump is off.

How fast does the backflow happen?

Does it happen with the pump on, or off, or both?

There is a 3/4" line labeled "Aerator". What does that go to?

Does the backflow stop at a particular level in the spa?

JamesW said:
If the three-way valve on the suction port does not fully close off the spa, then water could flow from the spa to the pool suction (skimmers and main drain) while the pump is off.

How fast does the backflow happen? Within about 30 minutes after the pump shuts off.

Does it happen with the pump on, or off, or both? with the pump off

There is a 3/4" line labeled "Aerator". What does that go to? Its that fountain thingy that you can turn on to flow water from the side of the deck.

Does the backflow stop at a particular level in the spa? Yes, it stops at the same level it did when I had a bad check valve when it equalizes with the pool.[/color]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok well the check valve I replaced wasn't the problem. So I changed this other check valve seen in the picture and I worked! I have no idea what the purpose of this one is but as long as it works that's all I care about

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 42
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.