Aruba Sky Pool Plaster

Nov 9, 2013
We just had our pool re-plastered and chose Aruba Sky for the color. It looks nothing like the sample that was shown to us by the sales person.
Does anyone have pictures of pools done with this plaster?

Welcome to the forum Summersky! :wave:

I'm not sure what the issue is, but curious about a couple of things before answering. Is this a pebble finish, quartz perhaps? Did they acid wash
the finish during installation? How does the finish you see installed differ from that you were shown for selection?

The finish is quartz and they did acid wash during preparation. The color is a much lighter blue than it should be; almost looks white. There should be flecks of color also but there is only the light solid color and it's splotchy. Very disappointing.

Without being able to see it, it sounds like they did not get good exposure of all the aggregate. Disappointing indeed. If this is the case you don't have many options except another acid wash or "hot startup" and lots, and lots of brushing. I don't like the hot start idea to be honest, but I would press the installer and let them know how unhappy I was. See what they might offer as a remedy. No finish will ever be 100% as good as a sample swatch, but it should be very much like it in a vast majority of the pool. Even the best will have "cream spots" and blotches, but they should be minimal.

Thanks Patrick. The sales person is coming next week to have a look. We asked her to bring the sample she showed us, as well. Our neighbor used the same company and his pool looks great. Ours looks NOTHING like his. :grrrr:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.