Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from South Orange County

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from South Orange County

I'm about to remodel our pool - and the toughest decision to make is the type of pool surface finish. So I'm searching for answers to help me make a final choice on a pool surface - and then contractor that will apply the surface I choose. I am not a fan of "pebble" finishes.

Pool: 35 X 10 100 Perimeter - approx. 3.5' - 4' depth .
    Spa: 7 X 6 APPX 27 Perimeter
    Volume: Approx 13.5K
    Hayward Ecostar 3400VSP *new and currently working*
    Hayward SwimClear 3030 Cartridge filter *new and currently working*
    Starite Heater

Cheers,

Rey
    13.5K IGPool w/Spa, Gunite: Hayward Ecostar VSP3400, Hayward SwimClear3030, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm Heater 333KBTU, Hayward On-Command pool automation system ; PebbleFina Sapphire Galaxy & Bella Blue, glass tile, Hayward ColorLogic LED Lights (3) Baha Shelf, "mini pool & waterfall" feature.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from South Orange County

Welcome to tfp, mantarey

Your pool looks great! Just curious, why are you remodeling?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP !
    Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi TFP Mod,

Actually the photo does make the pool look pretty good. However . . .we bought the house four years ago - and when we did , the pool and yard was a wreck. The house had been in foreclosure for a year and a half, and prior to that the owner neglected the pool altogether - so much so that Vector Control threw fish in it to get an eco system going. So we were told. The plaster was damaged, tile is in bad shape, and missing in places, and though the bank hired someone to acid wash - it still is in really bad shape, but we cleaned up the yard, used the pool, and made a plan to remodel. It really is in tired shape.

We're finally ready to get 'er done!
    13.5K IGPool w/Spa, Gunite: Hayward Ecostar VSP3400, Hayward SwimClear3030, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm Heater 333KBTU, Hayward On-Command pool automation system ; PebbleFina Sapphire Galaxy & Bella Blue, glass tile, Hayward ColorLogic LED Lights (3) Baha Shelf, "mini pool & waterfall" feature.