Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice Intext 2650 Sand Filter Pump Models

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice Intext 2650 Sand Filter Pump Models

I am planning on buying an Intex 2650 gallon sand filter pump over the winter for a new pool I am setting up in the spring. I noticed several different model numbers that I find online. Some are noticeably different with and without cgi, etc. Can anyone here that uses this brand/model provide any insight into which model number they feel is a better choice and why? I notice a lot of the Intex above ground pool owners have this pump listed in their signature and would really appreciate any help. Intex does not list the different models on their site so that is not an option for help. I cannot find any site that compares them either. I listed a couple below so you know for sure what I am talking about. If you also feel that another brand is better and less than $300 , please feel free to make suggestions. Thanks in advance for any advice.

56671EF - this one is on sale at pools unlimited
    28651EG Is this an older version?

Thanks,
    Jane
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit
    My pool setup view here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice Intext 2650 Sand Filter Pump Models

Welcome to tfp, rkipper

I think the model numbers can be slightly different depending on who the major retailer is (walmart vs. target vs. others). Also there was a change in the design recently that went from a 2-piece filter shell, to a 1 piece.

I highly recommend against getting one with the Saltwater Chlorine Generator (intex sometimes calls this the "Saltwater system"...or something like that) built in. The pump and the Saltwater Chlorine generater (swg) never fail at the same time.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

This is the one I want to buy, it can go as low as $150

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-28651EG-650 ... HVGZN60OU2

You can set your target price at camelcamelcamel.com and wait, this is exactly what I am doing, good luck
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Advice Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump Models

The pump Piolin mentions is model number 56651 and the one I am thinking of buying is maybe the newer model, 56671 which is grey.
    http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Krystal-...lear+2650+Pump

I bought a SWG at the end of summer, on sale. I too prefer not to buy combo items as your right about one part going out before the other. I am trying to buy everything I need over the winter and set it up in the spring. I am just really hoping that all the equipment is good once I open the boxes in spring and use them since the return policy periods will be over.

5. Back To Top    #5

What will be the difference between both other than being a new model?

Any one know?
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart