Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Neighbor oversprayed on my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Neighbor oversprayed on my pool

Hi All,

My neighbor was painting his fence and his contractor got some of the paint on the water, so that you see the oily residue on top of my water. They wanted to put an enzyme chemical but by pool builder told me not to and run the pump for 24-48 hours.

Anyone have experience on this?

13,000 ga inground pool/spa/fountain
    Pentair Intelliflo, booster for robot thingy, 1hp single speed for water features
    Inline chlorine feeder
    run on lowest possible flow to save energy but turn water once per day
    Pool built 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Neighbor oversprayed on my pool

Might want to put a scum ball in the skimmer to adsorb up the oil.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Richmond, Texas

I had something similar and just put the foam noddles in my pool and the paint gathered on them. It was oil based. I just washed off the noddles in the yard and they were good to go again.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

You could use an enzyme product, like Pool Perfect, to help clear the pool. It is designed to break down oils more quickly than chlorine is able to break them down. It is kind of a specialty item, as you really only need it if you spill an entire bottle of cooking oil, or worse motor oil, in the pool or several people who swim in your pool really like to use lots and lots of suntan lotion.

If you have only a reasonably small amount of oil, the scumballs and/or noodles will help. Also, raising the FC level will help.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!