Now I got air bubbles in the discharge

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
Just got through replacing the intake discharge side connections to the pump as well as putting in a brand new pump motor. Well I think I still have a leak on the intake side because although the pump is priming there are still a lot of air bubbles and I have a lot of air coming out my discharges into the pool? Could this be caused by anything other than a leak on the suction side?

Here's a pic of the plumbing/valves on the intake side of the pump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 68
It looks like the pump with the white motor casing has a pretty big air bubble in the lid. I would check the o ring on the pump strainer pot lid. If it is in good condition lube it well with silicon pool lube and make sure the lid fits snug on the pump pot. If that is all good check the above ground pipe joints for leaks. Drizzle water across the joints and watch to see if any gets sucked into them. Also check the drain plug on the pump and make sure it is snug

DBfan187 said:
check the o-ring in the jandy valves, and check around the joints on the suction side with smoke for air leaks

I changed the O rings in the Jandy valves but I didn't have anything to use for smoke to check for air leaks. I tried soapy water but couldn't see anything. I had one connection that was suspect so I used Water Weld around it. Everything is working great now. I'm going to buy a couple of the 3 way Jandy Valves and keep them on hand for when I need to rebuild the suction side. But I'm hoping this will work for awhile.

Thanks for everyone's help on this :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.