Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Considering Jandy ePump.....thread sizes?

1. Back To Top    #1

Considering Jandy ePump.....thread sizes?

I currently have a Jandy 2.5hp Stealth pump. I've always thought that it is probably oversized for my system (16k pool, equipment pad is about 15 feet from the edge, with a ~3 foot drop to the water's surface, and the total depth is 5.5 feet).

I'm considering the Jandy 2hp ePump, to get some savings. I just installed the latest iAqualink controller, so no problems integrating the new ePump.

However: I've seen a few comments where people had problems with the thread sizes between their old pump and the new one. I really really want to avoid any plumbing changes. The pool builder left very little slack between all the connections. To change the pump mounts would require a ton of re-plumbing work on my part.

How can I verify the thread sizes? I haven't found any good info yet.

Thanks, Mike
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Considering Jandy ePump.....thread sizes?

Here is the Stealth Pump spec sheet:
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/medi ... A6222.ashx
    Here is the ePump spec sheet:
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/medi ... A6219.ashx

Easy to find on their website.

Looks to me like the wet end is identical. So you could just pull your motor off and install the VS motor ... might be able to buy the VS motor stand-alone (maybe cheaper than the full pump?).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Considering Jandy ePump.....thread sizes?

Thanks Jason....yeah, I found the install manuals and other stuff right after I posted. However, none of the spec sheets get into the thread pitch spec, which is key. Jandy did that switcharoo on the Aquapure salt cells also...required me to replumb for the latest cell. Really silly.

Yes, the wet end of the Stealth pump is the same as the wet end of the ePump (it even calls it the "Stealth wet end"). However, I haven't been able to locate the pump and controller together as a kit, but I'll keep looking.
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights