air bubbels in return jet????

Sep 11, 2013
Cocoa, fl
when i hook up my vaccuum to the skimmer i get air bubbels comming out of one of my jets and some air bubbles out of the spa return. there is bubbels in my see through cap on my pump also as well as my cartridge filter unit. as soon as i disconnect the hose from the skimmer all bubbles go away and a purge the filter unit and i ahve no more air bubbles anywhere. and i dont loose prime on pump or filter ever.

so.......could these bubbles be comming from my spa valve where it intakes air for the spa???? or should i be concerned and look elsewhere? no leaks on pump slab.

please help thanks!!! todd

Sounds like a suction side leak that shows up with the increased vacuum caused by your suction side vacuum...or your vacuum hose has a small leak. If it is not the hose, then common places would be pump cover gasket, pump drain plugs, or any connections on the suction side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.