How accurate is my PH reading .... FC = 14

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
My pool finally cooled down here in upstate NY and i am getting ready to close ..... without even thinking about it i dumped the remainder of a 5 gallon jug of chlorine in and started scooping leaves etc out.

As i am getting it cleared up i decided to check the PH and it is at 8.2.

FC is 14
CC is .5 or less

As a general rule the PH was fairly stable all season and only crept up slightly all summer.

I haven't done much of anything with it since early September other than a gallon of bleach here and there and run the pump once a week.

Can i trust that reading and add MA?

I was afraid i would hear that :hammer:

In the meantime i searched on here and came to the same conclusion.

The only workaround seemed to possibly mix 50/50 with distilled water... is that worth doing?

Will FC still drop over the next week or so (pool temp is 50+-) and i can easily wait another week if needed.

I don't think its a big deal. With your water temp low and a high FC level it's going to take a long time for the FC level to come down. Is the pool covered ? Might come down faster if it's not covered.

I wouldn't sweat it !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.