Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How should the solid cover sit? Too much water?

1. Back To Top    #1

How should the solid cover sit? Too much water?

One end of my cover came loose and feel into the pool. It wasn't secured to the plywood used to give the stairs a solid platform. I'll need to screw it down shortly. The loose end went under the water line and now I think there is too much water above th cover and too little below. The sides are angled towards the centre of the pool

Should I try it get water from above to below? Or should I just fill under the cover? How should the cover sit properly? Am I worried for nothing? I'm investing in a safety cover next season. There is maybe 6" on the cover at its deepest point.

I had a company close the pool but can't get a hold of them.

Thanks
    77000L (20500 gallon) vinyl in-ground chlorine double roman pool, 35'x17', Hayward SP3200VSP, Jandy Lite2 LJ400N heater, Hayward S244TC filter, *deleted* Hayward chlorinator, Taylor CK1004FAS+CYA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How should the solid cover sit? Too much water?

You'll need to pump the water off of the cover anytime there is any there.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How should the solid cover sit? Too much water?

I thought some water is good to keep the cover down. I'm up in the snowmelt, so we'll get a lot of melt in the spring
    77000L (20500 gallon) vinyl in-ground chlorine double roman pool, 35'x17', Hayward SP3200VSP, Jandy Lite2 LJ400N heater, Hayward S244TC filter, *deleted* Hayward chlorinator, Taylor CK1004FAS+CYA