Pool disks anyone have any info?

Jun 8, 2013
Leavenworth WA
I replied in a thread about all types of covers but want to know if anyone here has used or seen the new pool disks from www.pooldisks.com

I have tried everything else and nothing is working for my lagoon style pool. The reel is hard for me to do alone and with the shape of my pool hard to do. The solar rings leaked, lost air, took in water and got moldy.

I need something lightweight that I can do by myself since this is mostly my pool, I take care of it, swim daily in summer, etc.

I use only 3 months a year since we live in mountains. I have a great cover for the other months on now which is only used when it is closed and no one using.

It looks interesting but I can't make it and my husband is not a do it yourself kind of guy. And it looks like it stays in the pool while rolled up and from reading what he says I would have the same problem of rolling up and unrolling I did with last full bubble blanket that became such a hassle I hardly swam those years.

Whats easy about the disk size is like the solar rings I can easily lift them. Yes they will be time consuming also but unless I have an electric cover and press a button there isn't anything fast.

Did you end up trying the pool disks? I am considering them four our irregular inground pool. We had a solar cover last year but it was way too cumbersome.
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!
Did you try searching the forum? I thought there was some discussion about them.
From what I remember, even a small breeze can end up stacking them up. Covers are generally about heat retention by reducing evaporation. So, the more water you cover the better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.