Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool

How much acid should I be adding to get the PH down. It is around 7.8 to 8 now and just wont go down. I hear this is common with new pools. I am probably a little light on th trigger when it comes to adding MA, typically add a cup or 2. Should I be adding more?
    Southern California/sun all day
    26k gal/in-ground plaster/jacuzzi spillway
    dual speed 1.5/2.5 Hayward
    Cartridge Filter
    UV Ozonator
    Inline Chlorinator
    Wife in bikini and Margarita maker

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE North Carolina

Re: New Pool

Including a full analysis of the pool water would be helpful....especially ALK.

I would recommend using the pool calculator This is a very easy to use tool that will help figure out the amount of acid you should add. Just be sure to enter the number of gallons in your pool at the top of the calculator. And, since you want to adjust pH, I would recommend adding about on half of the acid the calculator recommends, waiting an hour and testing, then making the other half of the addition.
    13,000 gal AGP, Hayward X-Stream 100 sq ft cartridge, 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump, all on two 6-hour on cycles per day. Baquacil to BBB convert.
    "It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." - Hyman G. Rickover

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: New Pool

Hi Sausage,

Excellent info from NCFlyersFan.

If you will read this article on the info we need prior to posting, it will help a lot! category/pool-school/read_before_you_post

This article, along with many others, are found in Pool School. The link to Pool School is located at the top of each page in the sub-heading. Also, link in my sig.

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!