Circupool RJ VS. SI

Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. I have a Zodiac ML-2 that I would like to replace with Circupool. Has anyone done this and and how difficult is this.

2. I searched and couldn't find anyone with an SI series Circupool here. They have a promotion now on the SI where when you buy one you get the next level up for free. I was thinking about getting the SI for that reason. Any thoughts?

CHRIS

cbrown91 said:
2. I searched and couldn't find anyone with an SI series Circupool here. They have a promotion now on the SI where when you buy one you get the next level up for free. I was thinking about getting the SI for that reason. Any thoughts?
The only difference that is obvious that I can see (other then how they look) is the SI has a 4 year warranty and the RJ has a 7 year.

I ordered a SI-40 and took the upgrade to the 6 year cell, it should arrive to me tomorrow. I don't remember the name that they used, but there are more measurements/accuracy in regards to the chlorine production.

I'm replacing a Polaris AutoClear Plus which died during the previous owners time.

cbrown91 said:
Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. I have a Zodiac ML-2 that I would like to replace with Circupool. Has anyone done this and and how difficult is this.

CHRIS
Hi Chris,
I don't have a SI series yet but was a recent owner of the RJ45. That was a pretty simple install that took less than an hour and after about 2 years it is still going strong. We just brought a new house that has a pool with no SWG and I will be converting to the Si series. From what I read, the Si series is threaded as a bolt on replacement for the Hayward Auquarite and Pentair systems. I am not familiar with the Zodiac ML-2. If you are referring to the LM2 then you will need to do a little more plumbing to make it work but well within the scope of the average DIY'er! If the SI series is as good as the RJ series you will get years to performance out of it.

It wasn't until I posted that post! And your reply to rarenomad, what was that in response to? BTW, I talked to someone at Discountsaltpools today and he said there's an upgrade sale going to start on Wednesday. So anyone interested in getting say a Si-45 for the price of a Si-30 (presently $649) can do so starting Wednesday. I really don't think the 7 yr prorated warranty is worth $100. And the Vector Jets can be bought for $10. That's all I can see is what you get for getting the + models.

Regarding rarenomad--disregard I see his thread I posted on earlier! :)

It wasn't until I posted that post! And your reply to rarenomad, what was that in response to? BTW, I talked to someone at Discountsaltpools today and he said there's an upgrade sale going to start on Wednesday. So anyone interested in getting say a Si-45 for the price of a Si-30 (presently $649) can do so starting Wednesday. I really don't think the 7 yr prorated warranty is worth $100. And the Vector Jets can be bought for $10. That's all I can see is what you get for getting the + models.

Regarding rarenomad--disregard I see his thread I posted on earlier! :)

Wow this is great news, I may go the 30si non plus (then being upgraded to the 45)seeing as the consensus for the jets are not needed. That will save me $200! If this works out, I will be thrilled!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also should mention that the claim to the plus in addition to the elevated warranty is that the cells will operate for 15k instead of the non si-plus rated at 10k

Also should mention that the claim to the plus in addition to the elevated warranty is that the cells will operate for 15k instead of the non si-plus rated at 10k

Since I can't find the "real" specs for either model, I can't be sure of the claim that they're different. I suspect they're not, but I'm going to find out. I did find the costs for OEM replacement cells for each--guess what the price difference is!

Exactly the same? Heh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
I seriously doubt they would engineer a different cell for two models that are essentially the same. I talked to compupools this morning. Their cpx 36 is rated for 12,500 hrs and and she told me their chlorine output is .92/day. I'm still waiting for Jason to explain why he says circupools claim of 2.0 is not correct in a different thread. Still waiting for the guy from discountsaltpools to call me. I did the numbers of the hrs claim. 12500 hrs at 8hrs/day is like 4 years

Update: just got off the phone with discountsaltpools. He says the titanium plates are thicker and will last longer. The expected lifetime for the Si-45 is 10,000 hrs which is about 3.5 yrs with 8hrs /day runtime. Now I'm in a quandary over which one to get. $30 shipping from discount salt pools.
Made my decision--Getting the Si-45 -- $679 out the door!

Wouldn't your calculated run time probably be around 50% of what your pump run time is? Especially if you're over-sizing the unit for your pool size? So if you're running your pump for 8 hours per day the SWCG run time would be about 4 hours. Those of you that have had your units installed for a few years, what % do you typically have it set at and are you oversized for your pool size?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.