Circupool RJ VS. SI

Wouldn't your calculated run time probably be around 50% of what your pump run time is? Especially if you're over-sizing the unit for your pool size? So if you're running your pump for 8 hours per day the SWCG run time would be about 4 hours. Those of you that have had your units installed for a few years, what % do you typically have it set at and are you oversized for your pool size?

I run a compupool cpsc48 made for a 60,000 pool. I run the pump about 7 hrs a day with the cell set at 40%- 50% FC stays at 7. Pool is 24,000 gallons and full sunlight. I have run the cpsc48 for 1 season and really like it. I paid about $700 and got it from ebay with free shipping. I run the swg off the pump timer so if the pump runs so does the swg, but I have the option to use the swg timer if I want.

12500 hrs at 8hrs/day is like 4 years

The expected lifetime for the Si-45 is 10,000 hrs which is about 3.5 yrs with 8hrs /day runtime.
Aren't these numbers based on 365 days/yr? I assume that is not realistic. Probably no more than 200 days per year, I would hope, and only about half of those days will be needing the full run time. Last year was my first with a SWG (RJ-45, actually) and it took me a while to zero in on necessary run time and what % to use. Here is a link to my spreadsheet that tracks SWG run time (among other things). Would take a bit of work, but now I'm thinking I want to update the spreadsheet to count the number of hours of SWG run time! :D

4 hour run time for winter, plus what ever the freez timer does .

Last year was my first winter with a swg. I ran it for 8 hours @ 50% until it stopped generating chlorine when I shut off the swg and still ran the pump for 4 hrs @1000 rpm just to keep water circulating and run the Polaris to keep the bottom clean. I sold the house the end of July. I hope the new owners enjoy it as much as we did.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.