Another pool north of Dallas

Are the damp spots mainly behind the sheer descents?

How do the sheer descents attach to the PVC pipes? Do you have a picture of them? what I am wondering is can water flow over the top of them or are they fully enclosed until they exit the wall?

When they pressure tested I assume they plugged the top of the pipes in the wall where the scuppers were?

When they are turned off do the wet spots disappear?

Are the damp spots mainly behind the sheer descents?

How do the sheer descents attach to the PVC pipes? Do you have a picture of them? what I am wondering is can water flow over the top of them or are they fully enclosed until they exit the wall?

When they pressure tested I assume they plugged the top of the pipes in the wall where the scuppers were?

When they are turned off do the wet spots disappear?

I don't have a photo of the inside - but I believe it was a T-fitting that's enclosed. The water is mainly behind each of the sheer descents or slightly to the side of each one. they tore into the wall and replaced the stone scuppers with the sheer descents in hopes that would fix the problem and it did for a few months, but now it's back.

They did plug them when they pressure tested and yes when the sheer descent are off for a week or so it dries out. They have turned them off for weeks at a time each of the three times prior to tearing into the wall.

Just documenting the ongoing saga of the leaky wall...sheer descents have been off for two weeks now, no rain in the last week, no sprinklers or soaker hoses have been used - wall is still showing wet spots. Got a text last week from Mr. PB saying he had talked to the paint guy at Home Depot who thought it could be stains in the stucco, I immediately ended that train of thought since the wet areas are not always in the exact same spots, close but not exact. Mr. PB was out and saw the wet spots, then took a hammer to the one near the fence side - sure enough, water was on the pipe. Said he is still arguing with the mason on what to do. Mason suggested putting stone on the backside but PB said that was out of the budget, still waiting on them to acid wash the front side of the stone and reseal it. This has them stumped and me totally frustrated.

I'm just throwing this out there because I used to build houses and leaks drive me nuts. So I have been chewing on your dilemma.

Is there any chance the pipes could be sweating with the changing weather? Are the pipes right against the stucco or more in the center of the wall?

I think the only way to solve this is to chip out the stucco behind one of them and turn them on to watch for leaks.

I'm just throwing this out there because I used to build houses and leaks drive me nuts. So I have been chewing on your dilemma.

Is there any chance the pipes could be sweating with the changing weather? Are the pipes right against the stucco or more in the center of the wall?

I think the only way to solve this is to chip out the stucco behind one of them and turn them on to watch for leaks.

It could be but this started right after the equipment was turned on in the Spring and has continued through the Dallas summer when the temps reached upper 90's. The pipes are more in the center of the stucco and the wet spots are varied in size and shape, within 12 - 24 inches from where the pipes are located. The plan is to acid wash the stone on the front side, apply two coats of sealer, then remove all the stucco on the back and re-do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no constructive advice. I just want you to know that I completely empathize with your frustration. - Karen

Thanks Karen- I appreciate it.

Wow. I'm just completed saddened that you are still having to go through this. I remember this summer you saying it wasn't worth all the trouble and I just empathize for how frustrated you must be. Have they ever considered knocking down the whole structure and starting over and the beam? New pipes, new cement, Etc. After this much time, something substantial has to be done, right? So sorry. :(

Wow. I'm just completed saddened that you are still having to go through this. I remember this summer you saying it wasn't worth all the trouble and I just empathize for how frustrated you must be. Have they ever considered knocking down the whole structure and starting over and the beam? New pipes, new cement, Etc. After this much time, something substantial has to be done, right? So sorry. :(

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. They came out and acid washed the front side of the stone and chiseled off the stucco on the back. They then put some kind of mastic looking stuff on all the still wet areas (sheer descents and sprinklers have been off for almost a month). There were way more wet spots inside than there were showing through the stucco. The next step is to apply two coats of sealer to the front, pressure test it and if no water, then re-stucco the back.

That being said, my initial thought was the same as yours, tear it all out and start over, but they are not willing to do that and since they have all the money I have to play their game until they quit responding and I then, have to contact an attorney.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry to hear you are going through all of this!

In ground, 15x27, 80 feet perimeter, 3'6 to 5 feet deep, 9,600 gallons, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, Jandy VSP, Jandy DE 60, Jandy LXI, Nature 2 Ozone, 2 pool LED lights, 1 Spa LED light pebble tech aqua blue. Frisco,
Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished reading this entire thread and feel really bad for you. My build completed a lot quicker but I continue to find issues where the PB either cut corners or just did sloppy work.

Because your signature says "Finally Done!" I expected there to be a happy ending on page 22, but that is not the case. Hang in there, be persistent and document everything in case this ends up in court.

I just finished reading this entire thread and feel really bad for you. My build completed a lot quicker but I continue to find issues where the PB either cut corners or just did sloppy work.

Because your signature says "Finally Done!" I expected there to be a happy ending on page 22, but that is not the case. Hang in there, be persistent and document everything in case this ends up in court.

Thanks - it's finally done because we were able to swim - but unfortunately, like several folks - we still have issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.