Another pool north of Dallas

Thanks Mark - we made some concessions, no LED lights, smaller pool, standard tile, brushed concrete decking. But I think we will be very happy with it. Couldn't justify the extra $$$$$$ when there are other things we want to do here and I didn't want to have the pool cost more than the house!!

I noticed that the masons seemed to have placed the coping too close to where the curved wall was supposed to be - of course, when I mention it to them, they don't speak English. Called Mr. Pool Builder, sent him photos and he tells me he is on his way. He arrives and measures his scaled drawing, measures the space and tells me it's 16 ft just like the drawing. That's interesting I say, because if you look at the bottom of the drawing it says 23 ft curved stone wall with scuppers. Now I'm concerned that I should have measured everything that they've already done. Argh!

Several days of rain are forecasted for later in the week - that's going to severally impede progress - already weary of the mess and that's only going to make it worse. I know we need the rain but couldn't it hold off until this pool is further along - like maybe, FINISHED?

I know how you feel. My wife is a commercial interior designer. Not a decorator, a designer. The people who measure buildings, draw them in CAD, and prepare all the construction documents, something that requires a degree, a license, and ongoing training... but I digress...

In our last house we did extensive remodeling. Rather than leave it to whim, my wife drew up our entire house in CAD, created demo documents, and full construction documents. The laborers never looked at them because they didn't know how to read them, therefore a lot was done incorrectly and had to be redone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Readyforapool, I've noticed my cellphone pics sometimes post upside down or 90 degrees from normal when I post in certain forums (depending on how I held the phone when I took the pic, I'm guessing). It's like the "auto rotate" feature that lets me see them correctly on my phone is stripped when I post them in a forum. If you are taking the pics with a mobile device maybe that is happening to you, too? My fix has been to upload the pics to flickr before I post them in forums, and they stay right-side-up.

Great looking build, by the way!

MiaOKC said:
Readyforapool, I've noticed my cellphone pics sometimes post upside down or 90 degrees from normal when I post in certain forums (depending on how I held the phone when I took the pic, I'm guessing). It's like the "auto rotate" feature that lets me see them correctly on my phone is stripped when I post them in a forum. If you are taking the pics with a mobile device maybe that is happening to you, too? My fix has been to upload the pics to flickr before I post them in forums, and they stay right-side-up.

Great looking build, by the way!
Yep! I've noticed that too when uploading directly from my phone. I upload them to photobucket as you do with flickr and it resolved it for me too.

Pool's coming along great! :goodjob:

The crew showed up this morning at 7am with a trencher and started right to work - guess I will need to buy donuts for the neighbors!! The trench goes the entire length of the side of the house, across the front and half way down the other side where the utilities are.

Readyforapool said:
The crew showed up this morning at 7am with a trencher and started right to work - guess I will need to buy donuts for the neighbors!! The trench goes the entire length of the side of the house, across the front and half way down the other side where the utilities are.
See that's the way to do it! My guys dug all the trenches by hand... I was like what, are you crazy?! Get a trencher!!! :mrgreen:

Be prepared for a mess... It gets pretty bad before it gets better... All worth it in the end though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.