Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Another pool north of Dallas

1. Back To Top    #1

Another pool north of Dallas

Thanks to all of you I'm learning a lot about building and maintaining pools and we are getting close! Would you mind taking a look to see if we are on the right track? Anything we need to change/add/reconsider? I'll try to add a photo.

21x34 in ground salt water pool
    Pebble sheen finish
    463 sq ft
    89 perimeter
    2 anti-vortex drains
    18x38 bi-level spa - 18 inch height
    2.0 hp blower
    Fountain line and 2 drains for the spa
    Pentair Intelliflow 3050 vs+svrs
    Pentair DE Filter
    Nature 2 Fusion w/chlorinator
    Polaris 280 with.75 hp booster pump cleaner
    3 standard lights
    Bull nose cast concrete coping
    2 in pool benches
    Tanning ledge with gusher
    3 12-inch stone scupper waterfalls
    2 skimmers
    Freeze guard
    Volleyball sleeves
    848 sq ft of decking
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another pool north of Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Readyforapool
    Nature 2 Fusion w/chlorinator
    Dump this and just go with a straight saltwater chlorine generator (swg). No need for copper in a properly chlorinated pool. It can stain and cause blond hair to turn green.

Pentair DE Filter
    Assuming your pool is rectangular and averages 5 ft depth (is this right?), it is a volume of ~26000 gallons. We would recommend a minimum 72 sq. ft. DE filter (I can give you minimums for the other filter types if you want) for your pool.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hoping this worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

4. Back To Top    #4

That is probably smaller than the volume I calculated. Is the 21' the widest point? Does the 34' include the tanning ledge? How deep are the shallow and deep ends?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Linen - free form pool 3 1/2 feet to 6 ft deep. The filter quoted is a 60 sq ft Pentair DE.

6. Back To Top    #6

That's correct 21 ft at the widest point and it's 34 feet in length including the tanning ledge

7. Back To Top    #7

Then I would guess you are closer to 16000 gallons and we would recommend a minimum of 44 sq. ft. DE filter for that pool...so the 60 should be great!

8. Back To Top    #8

17,363 gallons according to the estimate.

9. Back To Top    #9

17,363 gallons according to the estimate.
    Then 48 sq.f.t minimum DE filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Great thanks for the advice. I'll talk to him about the swg in lieu of the nature fusion system.

11. Back To Top    #11

Signed the papers - permits will be in the works and hopefully will start digging in about 10 days! Had a hard time deciding on finishes - any recommendation - wet edge vs pebblesheen?

12. Back To Top    #12

Having two trees cut down today to make room for the pool - the squirrels in the 'hood are going to be so disappointed that the pecan tree will be gone! It was cheaper for us to have an independent company cut them to about a three foot stump than have the PB do it.

13. Back To Top    #13

Just got a note from Mr.PB - dig should start Tuesday barring any weather issues. Still have some decisions to make, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.
    Pebblesheen blue granite vs Wet Edge quartz Barbados
    Brushed concrete vs aggregate
    Bull nose cast stone vs lueders flagstone with chiseled edges

14. Back To Top    #14

We haven't started yet but and some would call me a worry wart, I prefer to referred to as an expert planner! Any recommendations on landscaping around the pool? It's got to withstand the crazy Dallas weather, weeks of 106 in the summer, below freezing in the winter, hail storms, tornados and torrential monsoons! How's that for diverse weather conditions? Plan on doing this ourselves, btw.

15. Back To Top    #15

Mr. Pool Builder just stopped by to check the site and confirm the dig starts tomorrow morning! I walked around over the weekend and let the neighbors know to expect the noise and apologize in advance for the trucks that will block the alley! Camera is ready!

16. Back To Top    #16

So excited for you! Can't wait to see pics! Congrats!
    7500 gallon/ 64 perimter ft/ 24x12 "spool" (small pool) :) /18" raised spa with 6 jets/ Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen/ OK flagstone coping/470 sq ft seeded decking
    DE filter-60/2hp2sp pump/Polaris 280 cleaner/2 hp booster pump/Clorinator-in line feeder/Hayward 400k BTU heater/2 skimmers-5returns/Aqualink PS8 wireless controls

17. Back To Top    #17

They arrived at 7:30 this morning and started digging! Freezing cold this morning with horrendous winds! My hat's off to these guys.

18. Back To Top    #18

Done - for today!

19. Back To Top    #19

what pool builder did you end up with?
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

20. Back To Top    #20

My wet edge remodel started today... I'm curious, do you know if Romo Plastering is doing your install?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast