Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help finding contractor renovation Pinellas County, FL

1. Back To Top    #1

Help finding contractor renovation Pinellas County, FL

Hello all,

My wife and I are considering re-tiling our in ground pool. The tile is from the '70s and the grout is failing. (coming out in 1/4" chunks) T
    he marcite was re-done with diamond brite in 2006 and still looks great.
    Also, we want to have the decking looked at and a solar heater quoted.

Any recommendations? A neighbor used Pool Doctors and seem happy.

Also, any experience or advice on having the above done would be greatly appreciated.

Some pictures below. It's hard to see the tile problem, but one can get an idea of the shape and size.

The sparkly pool water is courtesy of all the help from Troublefreepool.com. Thanks!

-Paul

10,000 gal plaster pool, sand filter, Hayward swim pure SWG w/T-9 (25,000g) cell, Hayward Ecostar pump, Barracuda G3, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help finding contractor renovation Pinellas County, FL

Hi... I'm in Pinellas County and we used SunSation Pools (Steve B). Although I had some problems with a complete remodel job (not all their fault), their tile guy, Kevin, did a pretty good job. I had 1970s pool with original tile and they removed it all and replaced it with modern tile. They will want you to go to their showroom and pick out the tile you want. So far so good on my installation which was done in June this year.

Here is their web page: http://www.sunsationpools.com/pools-Pinellas-Park.html
    John (DIYer). Concrete, approximately 13,000 gallon in-ground pool with adjoining concrete spa. Approximately 40 years old. Hayward Super II pump for pool and legacy Anthony Sta-Rite bronze pump CF6 for spa, VA-26 filter,(2 sets), Rheem propane heater for spa. HASA Liquidator for pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help finding contractor renovation Pinellas County, FL

Thank you! I'll have them quote the job.
    10,000 gal plaster pool, sand filter, Hayward swim pure SWG w/T-9 (25,000g) cell, Hayward Ecostar pump, Barracuda G3, TF-100 test kit