Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kreepy Krauly loves the DEEP end

1. Back To Top    #1

Nacogdoches, Texas

Kreepy Krauly loves the DEEP end

Has anyone had problems with their Kreepy Krauly cleaning in the shallow end? It seems like mine stays in the deep and 90% of the time.
    [center:1nbz4di1]29K gal, IG PebbleSheen plaster with raised spa, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump
    Pentair Tagelus sand filter, Pentair Intellchlor 40 SWG, Pentair Kreepy Krauly pressure side pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Kreepy Krauly loves the DEEP end

Usually if the Kreepy Krauly is staying in one end of the pool the problem is 1 of 3 things. The flow of water from the return is keeping the KK in one area, or the hose may not be the correct length, or the hose may not have the correct balance. You can read more about how to fix the problem here.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Toronto, Ont

Unfortunately, for some, that is just how it is with suction cleaners. I've had a Kreepy and a Barracuda and both spent all of their time in their favorite patch in the deep end, zillions of adjustments notwithstanding.
    Lagoon 40x22, Vinyl, 27,000 gal, 1HP WhisperFlo Pump, Pentair 60 gpm Sand filter, Hayward Brominator (used for chlorine pucks only when away), Rheem gas heater, Dolphin M4 Robot
    Waterfall on separate dedicated pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Allen, TX

Make sure the throat doesn't have any small tears. My barracuda was doing that and I found a small hairline tear in the throat and now it is as good as new with a new throat.
    ~20K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner