Softub "Jets" question

Oct 29, 2013
Hello All!

Just purchased a softub off Kijiji and had a few questions.

1. The softub was on for roughly ~48 hours heating up to 104 degrees, when the jet button was pressed... nothing happened, how long is the normal wait time for the jets to come on? I did hear like an on/off click from the pump suggesting it should start.

Note: the heat light was off on the pump, when the unit was unplugged for about 1.5 hours and plugged back in... the jets started to work as the unit was heating back up to the 104 degrees.

2. Is the softub supposed to be plugged in 24/7? Do you lower the temperature when you are not in it? Do you keep it at 104?

Thanks,
Newbie Softub User

Welcome to tfp, aksidents :wave:

I am not directly familiar with softubs, but I believe they use the heat from the pump to heat the water. Hhot tubs pumps are typically left on to keep the sanitizer dispersed and to keep the water from stagnating and since yours uses motor heat to keep it warm, there seems to be no reason to lower the setpoint (unless I am missing something about how your softub works). Additionally, if your tub is stored outside in freezing weather, I think you would need to leave the pump running any way to avoid freezing and I am not certain that using the heat method they do, that the softub would be able to keep up in very cold climates. As for why the jets don't work, I am not sure about that. Are there any fuses on the "motor/heater unit" that need to be changed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.