Over the deck skimmer???

marty

Jul 10, 2012
CA
Does anyone know of a simmer that's made for resting over side of pool when original skimmer has to be closed due to leak. My problem is that the main drain is the one that was closed from leak and I cannot afford to dig up. I have 4 oaks right above pool and skimmer basket gets clogged daily,(My work requires travel several days a week) when this happens normally water would be sucked from drain because of that spaceship thingie, it doesn't and pump runs dry!

Tried that "skimmer pro" tower clog basket... useless.

I looked at above ground skimmers but they all screw into side...
Thanks!!!

25k gunite, no spa, Polaris pressure cleaner.

You may be down to just blocking off that skimmer with a screen in front and handling whatever ends up on bottom when you return. It will circulate and the screen won't clog.

I'll try it and see what happens.

would it be dangerous if I replumb a T with jandy valve out of suction side of pump then pipe goes down like normal to skimmer then and another pipe running along fence about 7 feet into pool, It'll look funny but wont be a trip hazard as the rear of pool backs to the fence and no one walks there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.