Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Over the deck skimmer???

1. Back To Top    #1

Over the deck skimmer???

Does anyone know of a simmer that's made for resting over side of pool when original skimmer has to be closed due to leak. My problem is that the main drain is the one that was closed from leak and I cannot afford to dig up. I have 4 oaks right above pool and skimmer basket gets clogged daily,(My work requires travel several days a week) when this happens normally water would be sucked from drain because of that spaceship thingie, it doesn't and pump runs dry!

Tried that "skimmer pro" tower clog basket... useless.

I looked at above ground skimmers but they all screw into side...
    Thanks!!!

25k gunite, no spa, Polaris pressure cleaner.
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Over the deck skimmer???

You may be down to just blocking off that skimmer with a screen in front and handling whatever ends up on bottom when you return. It will circulate and the screen won't clog.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll try it and see what happens.

would it be dangerous if I replumb a T with jandy valve out of suction side of pump then pipe goes down like normal to skimmer then and another pipe running along fence about 7 feet into pool, It'll look funny but wont be a trip hazard as the rear of pool backs to the fence and no one walks there.
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

4. Back To Top    #4

So would this be safer if I hooked up a 2wheel suction pool cleaner up to and got rid of my old Polaris, would save money too with no booster pump running...