Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking to replce my Aquarite SW generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking to replce my Aquarite SW generator

I have had to my current AquaRite SWG for about 8 years and have had to replce my mother board 3 times and twice in the last 3 years. I like the low maintainance of a SWG versus chlorine but I have about had it with my current generator!!!

Is there a better brand of SWG or should I just remove it and replace it with a chlorine tablet metering system?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking to replce my Aquarite SW generator

Do you know what is going bad with the motherboard? These units are known to have issues with the current limiters but can be fixed easily.

What is your average salt level?

[youtube:13yygp6h]tPL_YnvWumk[/youtube:13yygp6h]
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

The ones that went bad were caused by the current limiters. My average salt level has been 3100 ppm

4. Back To Top    #4

If it was just the current limiter, then you would just need to replace that $2 part (like the video shows) and not the entire board.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the info. I have ordered the parts hope that will do the trick.

Do you know what is the reason these current limiters go out so often?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kirkdbjl
    or should I just remove it and replace it with a chlorine tablet metering system?
    As a side note, you do not want to do this. See this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-..._chlorine_pool and while you are at it, I would spend some time reading this pool school article as well: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ater_generator
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

I am happy to say ythanks to this forum I fixed the problem by replacing the current limiter as addressed on this forum. Thank you for all you assistance.

8. Back To Top    #8

Glad it worked out. Also, if you still have the old motherboards, it might be worthwhile to fix those and sell them on ebay.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

I think it is power fluctuations/spikes that kill the limiter. It appears to be a sacrificial part.

Has anyone thought of making the current limiter a remote, changeable part by running wires to a socket? I am on my 3rd board in 9 years, and I cannot remember if I changed the limiter on my "spare" board....LOL.
    19k gal, STS1072R A.O. Smith C-Face Motor .75HP Full-Rated 2-Speed, Hayward Sand Filter