Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy system coming on by itself (update)

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy system coming on by itself (update)

Ok, so this has been going on for a few months.

My pool or spa will randomly come on.....usually once every week or two.

So I did some googling, and it sounded like my main board is going out. So I bought the latest iAqualink RS upgrade kit and installed it last Sunday. Great, problem solved.

Or so I thought......the pool came on this morning by itself.....and then the spa came on by itself this afternoon.

Argh!!!

I'm baffled......these are the only things I can come up with:

1) Random relay activations (doesn't really make sense....especially in "Spa" mode, since that requires Jandy auto valve switching also).
    2) Neighbor with competing PDA system. (I'm still using my old PDA/radio also, as an on/off). I walked around my neighbors with my PDA and it didn't pick anything up.....but that may not mean much. I may just unplug my PDA radio and be done with the PDA. At least I remove a potential source.
    3) Other random radio signals (doesn't really make sense, since it is not just a simple signal, but perhaps.....)
    4) Main power spike (wouldn't make sense, unless jandy has a really really bad circuit board design across many years)

That's all I can come up with. Since I replaced the main board, it can't be that. PDA interference seems to be the only plausible idea.

Any other ideas?

Mike

Update: I disconnected the PDA radio from the control board....all quiet so far.
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy system coming on by itself

Do you have a wired spa side remote?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy system coming on by itself

Hi Paul...no, but thanks for the suggestion.

Mike
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights