water feature: to filter or not?

Sep 12, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
Hi, we're in the middle of the build and are going to have 3 sheer descents installed on a dedicated pump w/ a valve at each sheer to regulate flow. Do I want to run this line through a filter? Should the pump basket catch anything that may clog the sheer descent?

Thanks!

The water should be routed through the pool filter before it goes through the water feature. The pump baskets will catch large debris but will not catch finer debris that could accumulate and clog the water feature.

PB doesn't think it needs to be filtered... as, with everything pool related, I'm getting a lot mixed recommendations :) So, i'm trusting, but verifying everything that's being said... WRT to plumbing question, i'm wondering if there's a way to share the filter or if I ask to run sheers through the filter, PB's going to tell me to buy another filter...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.