How hard is it to install a Pentair SWG

gatorbrit

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 22, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Hi - I've got a full pentair set up - easytouch controller, intelliflo pump etc. I'd like to install a pentair SWG. I think I'll need to install a transformer also.

How hard of a job is this if I did it myself? I have tackled simple wiring jobs and plumbing jobs in the past. All the components are easily accessible.

Thanks

Richard

If you have some PVC and electrical experience it should be pretty easy to install. I am guessing the hardest part will be reprogramming the Easytouch to control the SWG.

jblizzle said:
If you have some PVC and electrical experience it should be pretty easy to install. I am guessing the hardest part will be reprogramming the Easytouch to control the SWG.

I guess you have to define "electrical experience" :) I've installed a ceiling fan or two. But that's about it.

Are you sure there is a transformer involved and it is not already built into the Easytouch?
For my Hayward SWG, I just had to cut the PVC and install the cell (and a flow switch, I think the Pentair's is integrated) and then plug the cell into the Pro-logic (and attach 2 wires for the flow switch) ... I would not even call it electrical work honestly.

Yours may be that simple. Or you may need to install the transformer, which I would assume is pretty plug and play as well, but I am not that familiar with the Pentair automation hardware (or how to change the settings to control the SWG).

My Easytouch did not come with a transformer, but some models do. Double check yours and it might save you some $$.

Although I have Pentair equipment I went with the AquaRite SWG and I did the electrical myself-it was very easy, and at the time I didn't trust my PVC skills so I had someone do the PVC work. After doing a little PVC work since then it would be a piece of cake. This is definitely a DIY project if you've installed a ceiling fan or two. Just make sure the power is off at the breaker before you start touching any wires.

HouTex said:
My Easytouch did not come with a transformer, but some models do. Double check yours and it might save you some $$.

Although I have Pentair equipment I went with the AquaRite SWG and I did the electrical myself-it was very easy, and at the time I didn't trust my PVC skills so I had someone do the PVC work. After doing a little PVC work since then it would be a piece of cake. This is definitely a DIY project if you've installed a ceiling fan or two. Just make sure the power is off at the breaker before you start touching any wires.

Thanks - I am definitely going to do this...
Why the aquarite over the intellichlor?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.