Tempeature Effect on Water Testing

Oct 12, 2013
Does water temperature have any effect on the TF-100 test kit results. The CYA test is the only one I have found through researching site, that should be allowed to warm to 70F before testing. My water is now 60F.

This is my first winter with our inground pool that came with house. The pool stays open for winter, in Tennessee, so I'll still need to monitor water.

Also, does the colder temperatures impact the SLAM process. I think of reactions slowing down at colder temperatures. My water has been cloudy for about 2 weeks but I've been holding off doing SLAM until we can complete some filter maintenance this weekend.

Thanks

While all the chemical reactions slow down as it gets colder, the only test that's really affected is the CYA test.
The CH test takes a little longer if you're not using the speedstir but the end result isn't affected.

Since the chemical reaction slows down, the chlorine doesn't work as fast, but also the algae doesn't grow as fast, so it works out about the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.