Pentair master temp 400 - lights up then lights go off.

Shap

Oct 25, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone,

Very happy to have found this board as I'm trying to maintain and run my pool/spa myself, but have a ton of questions.

I'm trying to kick on my heater to heat the spa for the first time (bought house in June) and the initial lights kick on and read r=8 or something similar and then about two seconds later the lights turn off and I'm unable to do anything. I've hit the heat spa and heat pool buttons but they are not working.

I know it originally worked when I bought the house because the previous homeowner showed me how to run it. Since then we've had to replace the salt clorinator and the panel that goes along with it. I'm hoping they didn't mess something up.

Again, the lights on the master temp kick on initially then disappear.

I appreciate any feedback. :hammer:

To answer my own question..

What happened was we installed an X10 switch to control the pool light. It must control the power to the heater as well. When the pool light is on, the heater works. I'll have to find a fix for this down the road. First time kicking this heater on was a success, took about 15-20 minutes to heat the spa to 100 degrees from 70 degrees. It sure has a little roar to it while it going. Scary for the initial start. I'll have to log my gas usage for the day to see how much it costs to heat the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.