Winter Tiki Covers

DOMO

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2013
Rowley, MA
Hi all. Every year, I store our tiki torches away in our shed, but quite honestly, it's a pain to drain the fuel, pull the torches up (about a dozen), store them, then re-fill and re-install in the Spring (the posts go into a decorative rock border so difficult to drive into the ground). Does anyone know of weather proof covers that would go over the torches and perhaps have an elasticized or tie bottom (so they don't fly off) so that I can leave them out all winter? Thanks!

Hi. That's a good idea. Ours have 2 "legs" per torch, so I'd need 2 sleeves per and the 2 legs which are just wrought iron metal are not evenly spaced from top to bottom (which even makes it challenging to push into turf), but perhaps I can try to bend them to space evenly in order to slide into sleeves. Will give that some thought. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I had seen these , not bad. I had hoped for something that only covered the actual lamp part, as I'm not concerned about protecting the wrought iron pole, but I suppose there's no problem covering the pole too. Plus, I have a few that are the deck railing mount type, so no long post. We have about a dozen or so, so even at $10 ea. it'll be a good amount. Thanks again!

I would think that winter covers for umbrellas would do the same thing. I wouldn't even doubt that that is exactly what the "tiki covers" really are! I think the price is about the same for either.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I had seen these , not bad. I had hoped for something that only covered the actual lamp part, as I'm not concerned about protecting the wrought iron pole, but I suppose there's no problem covering the pole too. Plus, I have a few that are the deck railing mount type, so no long post. We have about a dozen or so, so even at $10 ea. it'll be a good amount. Thanks again!

That link posted said they come 3 in a pack so you're getting 3 covers for $10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.