Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter Tiki Covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter Tiki Covers

Hi all. Every year, I store our tiki torches away in our shed, but quite honestly, it's a pain to drain the fuel, pull the torches up (about a dozen), store them, then re-fill and re-install in the Spring (the posts go into a decorative rock border so difficult to drive into the ground). Does anyone know of weather proof covers that would go over the torches and perhaps have an elasticized or tie bottom (so they don't fly off) so that I can leave them out all winter? Thanks!
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter Tiki Covers

I just drove pipes into the ground so I can put the torches into them when I use them and take them out easily.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi. That's a good idea. Ours have 2 "legs" per torch, so I'd need 2 sleeves per and the 2 legs which are just wrought iron metal are not evenly spaced from top to bottom (which even makes it challenging to push into turf), but perhaps I can try to bend them to space evenly in order to slide into sleeves. Will give that some thought. Thanks for the suggestion!
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I've actually been looking for a solution to this as well. I found these, don't know the quality but they're really cheap http://www.pondmarket.com/catalog/index ... covers.cfm
    "I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That's where I belong."
    - Michael Phelps

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I had seen these , not bad. I had hoped for something that only covered the actual lamp part, as I'm not concerned about protecting the wrought iron pole, but I suppose there's no problem covering the pole too. Plus, I have a few that are the deck railing mount type, so no long post. We have about a dozen or so, so even at $10 ea. it'll be a good amount. Thanks again!

6. Back To Top    #6

I would think that winter covers for umbrellas would do the same thing. I wouldn't even doubt that that is exactly what the "tiki covers" really are! I think the price is about the same for either.
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

7. Back To Top    #7

How about a piece of pvc large enough to slide over the tourch with a pvc cap on it. Then paint them any
    Color you want. That's what I am going to try....haven't done it yet. I too don't want to have to drain all the
    Fuel
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by DOMO View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I had seen these , not bad. I had hoped for something that only covered the actual lamp part, as I'm not concerned about protecting the wrought iron pole, but I suppose there's no problem covering the pole too. Plus, I have a few that are the deck railing mount type, so no long post. We have about a dozen or so, so even at $10 ea. it'll be a good amount. Thanks again!
    That link posted said they come 3 in a pack so you're getting 3 covers for $10.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter