LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Earlier this year we had a major tear in our vinyl liner causing about 18,000 gallons to drain before we could find the leak. We've patched the liner and refilled the pool up about 1/2 way, just below the returns. We're not 100% sure what our plan is next year, if we are going to go another season or two with this liner and gamble on the liner holding.......or if we're going to replace the liner and start new. For now however.....we've just held off on doing really anything.

My worries are with closing.....
As I stated, the water is just below the returns so no worries with any of that pluming, however it's also about 1/4 of the way up the light. I'm kinda worried about the niche freezing as there's no water there to help insulate it from the temps. I plan on pulling the light out, but that still leaves the niche exposed. Am I better off draining some water, to lower it just below the niche.....or is there some way to winterize this spot of the pool?

Oh No Leebo!

All this talk about old posts and here you are unanswered for many days. We ought to be ashamed letting one of our own languish away! Sorry Pal,
but you know I live far too South to give experienced closing advice. If at all possible I hope you replace the liner and don't have to gamble.

Funny thing was......when I received the email notifying me off our post I had to think hard about what thread I replied in.

LoL

Still a bit worried about the light freezing, but I'd think it would take some work to damage anything. The plan however is to drain it a bit more however to cover our own rears. It's already gonna take several thousand gallons of water next year.....a few hundred more wont hurt.

You really should take a trip up north for a winter......you don't know what you're missing!!

Oh yes I do, and I don't like what little of it we get! You'd be right in smashing us for crying like we do over what comes here. We are truly pathetic when it comes to winter weather. And you ought to see us trying to drive in it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.