Aqua rite Turbo Cell dead?

steve_h

Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
Is there a way to tell if the Turbo Cell is gone to the Great Pool Supply Warehouse in the sky?
The pool was installed May 2004.
The display says the salt is 2900-3100 but the water tastes salty.

The manual says the nominal cell voltage should be between 22-25V when generating. The last voltage reading was 26.2V.
The nominal current should be 4.5-7.8. The last current reading was 4.19 A.
The current and voltage seem to be erratic. They vary between 26-28V and 1.8-4.1A.

I have been running the pool for 14 hrs a day at a 50% setting.

I have to add bleach to keep the FC near 3.

Here are the pool chem parameters:
FC 3
TC 0
pH 7.8
TA 120
CH not tested
CYA 75-80

Any ideas would be helpful.

Steve, something's not right with the cell as you can tell by the volts and amps :( . The easiest way to see if it's the cell, is to put a new cell on and see what the unit reads on diagnostic. We carry a spare cell on our van for just this reason. It'd be a good idea to be sure it's the cell before buying a new one, just to make sure it's not a motherboard problem! If you have a good relationship with a local pool company, they might be willing to lend you a cell for an hour to check your unit - especially if they are the ones you would buy a new cell from.

Have you had any severe thunderstorms lately - sometimes a close lightning strike can damage the cell, motherboard, pump, heater... etc.

Unfortunately, I do no have ready access to a new/different cell. I hate to trouble shoot with the Visa card.

We have not had a lightning event.

I have also had a problem with algae for the latter 1/4 of last season and earlier this year.

I am thinking the Turbo cell is done!

Thanks for the reply

New information on the Aqua rite issues.
Called Hayward (Aqua Rite), they suggested that I have the salt level checked at a separate place.
The pool place checked the salt with a DS meter. The salt level was 2800-2900. Which is consistent with the display of 3100 this afternoon.

I have found that another pool place has a tester for the cells. Off to there tomorrow to get the cell checked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.