Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Choosing Pool Lights Globrite or intellibright LED

1. Back To Top    #1

Choosing Pool Lights Globrite or intellibright LED

I am currently in construction and could use some help. I am concerned if I will have enough light in my pool with what I currently am going to get. My builder wants to use two globrite lights as my pool lights instead of the traditional one bigger light (Intellibright 5g I think). My pool is freeform and around 14-15 wide and 29-30 feet long. I have a sunshelf and small grotto. Both globrites will be on same side of pool, facing away from house with one pointing slightly to shallow end and other pointing slightly to deep end. If anyone has experience or currently has globrites I would appreciate the feedback. Here is a pic of my shell.[attachment=1:iuvnvut8]photo112.JPG[/attachment:iuvnvut8][attachment=0:iuvnvut8]photo113.JPG[/attachment:iuvnvut8]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Maricopa, AZ

Re: Choosing Pool Lights Globrite or intellibright LED

Maybe I'm crazy but I thnk it would be nice to have 2 Intellibrites (one on each end of the pool), and one globrite on the sun shelf. We have two Intellibrites and can definitely say that one wouldn't have been enough. Our pool is a little longer than yours, at around 35'. Our shelf is a bit dark, which is fine with us, but if the globrite had been offered to us then we might have added that also.

So, since we're spending your money I vote for 3 lights!
    --22k gallon pool/spa, IG, pebble w/ glass beads/abalone, all tile spa w/ stacked stone and spillway, 30 sf waterfall, 3 telescopic fountains, EZ Touch 8
    --Pentair VS3050, Whisperflo waterfall pump, Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter, Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Ozone, Q360 in-floor cleaning, 400k btu heater
    --100 perim ft pool, 25 perim ft spa, Depth 3.5' to 7', 405 sq ft travertine decking, TF100 test kit
    --Time Lapse Video of our Pool Build ---- Our Pool Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Sacramento, CA

I'm not sure how much you can change now. I vote for 3 lights: one glowbrite for the sun shelf and two intellibrites for the pool itself. Faced away from the for the area where the pool will be viewed from. With your size pool you need at least two lights.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Grand Prairie, Texas

I definitely would do 2 lights for the pool alone.

35' X 19' pool (pool depth: 3.5', 5.5', 4'. Perimeter 97) 2 HP Jandy (2 speed)
    Spa 9.6' X 7.4' (10 jets total- 4 on circ, 6 on 2hp booster, 6' cascade spillway to pool). Heater: 400 BTU LXi
    Tanning ledge and benches covered with stone. 2 LED pool lights, 1 LED spa light.
    PebbleSheen finish in Aqua Blue
    30" gas fire pit raised 18".