Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AV Receiver Storage

1. Back To Top    #1

AV Receiver Storage

Building a new out door kitchen and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on where I can put an audio receiver to power my speakers. The kitchen is under a pergola unattached to any other structure so I would have to have the receiver in the kitchen itself.

I was given a suggestion that I can store it under the grill behind the access doors, is that possible?

Thanks for the help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Kendall, Florida

Re: AV Receiver Storage

You need to keep the receiver dry and somewhat cool. Receivers generate some heat by themselves, so it should be fairly cool to start with. If it is too hot, the protect circuit will shut it down until it cools sufficiently and could damage the unit if it gets too hot. The humidity and proximity to salty sea air will determine how long it will last.
    Diamond Brite exposed aggregate 7700 gallon IGP with attached 1900 gallon IGS. Hayward Goldline Aqualogic PS-4 control with 15K SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 in the pool and Pentair Spectrum Aqua Lite in the Spa. 3/4 HP Sta-Rite MPRA6DL Dyna-Glas main circulation and cleaning pump, Sta-Rite POSI-FLO PTM70 cartridge filter and Aqua Cal xx Heat Pump. 2HP Pentair Whisperflo Spa Jet pump. 700 sf of Kool Deck and loads of South Florida Sunshine!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: AV Receiver Storage

Heat and humidity are electronics two worst friends--------besides me of course. Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!