Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater Cover

Hi all, Looking to buy a winter cover for our heater (Hayward H150FDN). I can't seem to find one specifically made for this heater's dimentions, and wondering if most people just use a generic sized one? Also, they seem rather pricey ($60. and up), which is strange as central AC covers can be purchased for $15 and up. Seems like a lot just for an opening for the plumbing! Any suggestions on what others do / have found? Thanks!
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heater Cover

Had not really heard about this being done
    Why not just wrap it in a cheap blue tarp if you want to cover it?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I covered my filter and heater with a tarp to keep the snow off in Toronto.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi. Thanks for the replies. Yeah, had initially thought get one that's made for these units, but not for $60+! A tarp with some bungy cords it is! Thanks again.
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!