Hello everyone! I have a couple questions about using liquid bleach, but first a little back ground. My setup is in my signature. This summer I began to use the perma salt system less and less and transition to the preferred method suggested by this fine forum. I will say the water, this summer, has been absolutely beautiful. Very little maintenance and very little cost! Upon opening this spring we had a pretty significant algae bloom that we cleared up without any complications. From then on it has been smooth sailing.
On to the issues: The pool is eating bleach like no other. Suddenly, my FC levels drop to zero almost within the hour when i bring them to ~4ppm. Since it's too cold to swim now, I decided to drop about 360oz of 7.9% bleach and bring the FC level to about 17ppm. Within 3 hours, FC was at zero. Is this something I should be concerned about going forward?
I will admit I do not have a proper test kit, so I can report only FC, ph, and Alk levels. PH and Alk are both in line with where they should be. Also, the copper chamber is running but the levels are below recommended due to me supplementing chlorine.
Any help on this would be appreciated.