Brand Spankin New Pool In SoCal!

Jul 6, 2013
SoCal
Our PB broke ground on our pool project September 3, 2013. We just filled the pool last Thursday which is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. My wife and I have always wanted a pool, we just never had the appropriate size yard, or the funds to build one. After many years of saving, working overtime, and driving 10 year old cars, we finally were able to pull the trigger. We closed escrow on our house, which is new construction, on August 30th. Since the house is new, we had already designed and signed for the pool project to be started right away. The fact that we had a blank slate in the backyard was a major plus, other than the gate removal no demo was required. With a few design ideas from our PB as well as some of our own, we ended up with all of the features that we wanted. Salt water, NG heater, Stonescapes pebble finish, 2 separate water features, multicolor LED lights, and a raised bond beam to provide separation between the pool and the landscaping.

I am new to the forum but I have been reading a ton. Since the pool is new to me, I am actually looking forward to maintaining it myself. I know over time that could change but, at this point, I am excited to get started making memories in my new backyard. The PB still has some finishing touches to complete then my wife and I are going to start on the landscaping. The PB we used was awesome throughout the entire process, we ended up with the exact pool that we chose from their 3D design.

The pool is 28 feet by 13 feet, we chose Stonescapes Aqua Blue pebble for the interior finish, the coping is a dark travertine. So far I have not seen any issues with the color or the finish, the guys that did the plaster were total pros, I am beyond happy with the final result. It was 90 degrees all weekend long and we enjoyed every minute of it out by our new pool. Once we add some plants and buy new patio furniture this project will be all complete. Anyway, that's my story, here's a few pictures from today. The PB applied the mastic today, hence the sand around the pool coping in the pictures. I also have a ton of pool construction photos, they are pretty boring. The PB said after they add the salt they will do the initial maintenance for 3 weeks, after that I'm sure I will have plenty of questions.

Cheers :cheers:

Pool Studio 3D Rendering:

0eol.jpg

Finished Pool:

03bd.jpg

View From Deep End:

53n9.jpg

Deep End View 2:

njkt.jpg

Baja Shelf:

de3z.jpg

Lifeguard:

m65e.jpg

Coping, Pool Finish, Pedicure:

6piv.jpg

Construction Bonus! New Side Gate:

2itg.jpg

linen said:
Welcome to tfp, SoCalSteve :wave:

You have nice toe nails Steve :mrgreen: ...oh and the pool looks great :cheers: How are you controlling runoff from that large hill behind you?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The hill behind the house has a large drainage ditch that is sloped away from the house. The concrete ditch is pretty deep and we never get too much rain in our area. The builder also recently planted lots of vegetation all over the hill to help prevent erosion. Just in case we do get heavy rainfall, the PB installed drains behind the bond beam and the planter bed which empty to the street in front of the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.