Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: winterize in ground lines?? - Nashvillejoe

1. Back To Top    #1

winterize in ground lines?? - Nashvillejoe

Split by moderator from HERE. Please ask questions in your own thread and not hijack others. Thanks, jblizzle

i am trying to winterize my IGP and can not seem to blow any air through my 2 drains at the base of my pool to clear the line...... i have these in my drain returns- and have no idea what they are or why they are in the drain lines at the bottom of my pool!?? they seem to be blocking the lines..... suggestions..... class ...... anyone.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16' x 32' 20K rectangle sport, salt, IG vinyl, Hayward Salt system, 2hp pump, Haywood 4 cartridge filter, Hayward H250 heater, built 2007

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: winterize in ground lines?? - Nashvillejoe

Those are plugs typically used to winterize the pipes. Sounds like someone put them in your floor to close of the floor drains and thus have no suction or water flow through the floor drains. Now whether this was done to winterize or whether this was done to seal them off due to an underground leak (pretty rare) if anyone's guess.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

How long have you owned the pool?
    Who winterized your pool last year?
    Do you ever remember the main drains working?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Central PA

Did you buy the house with the pool? I wonder if they were never removed from the previous winterizing.
    29k gallon IG guninte lagoon shape.