Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding IAqualink system, but unsure what f/w rev I have.

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding IAqualink system, but unsure what f/w rev I have.

I have a AqualinkRS that was installed by prior owner. The handheld system has given out and since they are 250-300 to replace it's probably worth converting to the wifi system.

They list two variants that depend on the firmware version to purchase the correct one. All I have are photos of it I can go by and the serial number. Where is the F/W version listed if anywhere?
    15000 Gal Pool + Spa - Twin 2hp Pentair Pumps - DE Filter - 400kbtu Heater - Jandy wireless control system with freeze out - Polaris 3900 pressure side cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding IAqualink system, but unsure what f/w rev I have.

You should be able to read the firmware version off the chip on the control board. You'll have to remove the cover plate (two screws) and then two screws holding the control board in the power center. Once loose, you can pull the control board out a bit and look at the back, where the main program chip is.....it should have a sticker on it with the f/w version.

Do you have any idea how old the pool is? If it is 2006 or older, that's your answer (Jandy has two kits....one for 2006 and older, and one for 2007 and later).
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights

3. Back To Top    #3

on the pda chip i see

pands6
    rev.pda 1.2

Over towards the center I see printed on the PCB
    PCB 8124A
    Assembly 8152 and a "G" sticker.
    15000 Gal Pool + Spa - Twin 2hp Pentair Pumps - DE Filter - 400kbtu Heater - Jandy wireless control system with freeze out - Polaris 3900 pressure side cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I actually googled around a bit and found the answer. Looks like I need to swap out the entire board and I'm gtg.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm getting ready to do the same thing and found the best price here. http://www.sunplay.com/Zodiac-iAquaLink ... 900-rs.htm
    14,000 gal IG + spa, DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Aqualink RS6, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Sunplay is where I bought mine that I just installed this past Sunday. No problems with the order....took about 1 week from order to arrival.

Mike
    Mike

16.5k IG gunite pool/spa, pebble-tec type plaster, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 2hp ePump main pump, Jandy 1.5hp Stealth on waterfall, Polaris 280, iAqualink wifi control, Colorsplash LED pool/spa lights