Winter Safety pool cover

rdcamper

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
I am in the market for a safety cover for my pool, but do not know anything about them.

Are they fairly easy to install, and how long to do ?

I would like to know if a mesh or solid cover is better. Solids from what I have read come with either a drain, or pump. There seems to be many manufacturers of both kinds with different mesh sizes, different weave strengths, different grid sizes etc.

I live in coastal Georgia and we do not get any ( well very little ) snow, so I am thinking a solid cover may be better but would like some advise on solid or mesh, what type of features to look for/need, and if one mfg is better than another and if so a good brand name recommendation.

Also any warranty information and how they work.

Thanks,
Rick Doyle

Welcome to the forum!

I have a mesh Loop-Loc which I installed myself.

I like it. My fill water has problems, so collecting rain water over the winter is important to me.

Solid covers are heavier, so putting it on and taking it off are a little more difficult. I have put my cover on by myself, but I doubt you could do it with solid cover.

The installation isn't a huge deal if your pool doesn't have any unusual features like waterfalls or attached spa. You'll need a hammer drill and a helper. Mine took a couple of days, mostly because I spent a lot of time making sure I had it in the right spot. I ran ropes across the pool so I could drag the cover out on them to position it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.