New Pool in Arizona (new pics 12/3)

Oct 15, 2013
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just signed the contract on our new pool and we'll start with the excavation in the next few weeks. One thing that I go back and forth on is adding a second LED color light (intelibrite) The one light is currently at the deep end facing towards the shallow end (3'-4'-5' depth), but we were thinking that this wouldn't light our baja shelf at all. Any ideas on where we might add another LED to brighten up the shelf or whether it's even neccessary. It's an 18" deep shelf.

Anyway, below is our the pool build Info. If your in Arizona, you can probably tell which PB we went with....

Pool
Perimeter 96'
450 sf area

Excavation
Standard bobcat dig

Plumbing
Three water features (2 wok pots plus 4' sheer descent)
Q-360 infloor cleaner
VS 3050 pump with 420 cartridge filter

Electrical and controllers
Easy touch 4
IC 40 SWG
Intelibrite led

Decking
476 sf travertine (I know travertine + SWG = potential issues. Went with travertine anyway but fully aware of possible issues down the road)
12" raised bond beam (16lf)
18" raised bond beam (8lf)
Umbrella sleeves all over the place :-D

Interior
Pebble radiance kona blue
Two bar stools

10393071304_b79f1ab8ec.jpg

10393069854_4e63f3eecc.jpg

Re: New Pool in Arizona

We added a pool this winter to our arizona house and the best choice we made was a large integrated spa. We can heat the spa to 89 degrees really quickly and hold it there at minimal cost and can float two loungers in there. We are from canada so we like being in the water for a much longer season and this allows us to lounge on our tanning ledge (similar in size to yours) but use the spa as a "plunge pool" for six months of use.

Hi techgirl. We're in Maricopa as well. We thought about an integrated spa, but budget and other concerns made us decide against. We'll likely look into an above ground spa in a year or so. We're here all year, so our main goal was a place to cool off outside in the summer and a beautiful pool to hang around in the winter.

Decided on the glo brite LEDs for the pool yesterday. Thought about two intelibrites, but couldn't decide where to put the second one that wouldn't look so glaring from where we are apt to be looking. PB will install 3 glo brite LEDs, so we can put one in the shelf to light it up better.

The pool design looks nice! We also had Presidential build our pool and we're very happy with the final product. Regarding the travertine decking I'll just tell you to watch them like a hawk and don't be afraid to speak up if anything doesn't look right.

Have fun with the pool build!

Hi Mark. I saw your thread as well. Congratulations. We strongly consider Cal Pools as we were pretty impressed with the materials they used, but they just came in too high on our bid.

Looks like you're at the same stage as us. We just had the layout done today.

parnette said:
Hi Mark. I saw your thread as well. Congratulations. We strongly consider Cal Pools as we were pretty impressed with the materials they used, but they just came in too high on our bid.

Looks like you're at the same stage as us. We just had the layout done today.

Nice, hopefully they start digging on both of our pools soon :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Cool, that's pretty exciting! Do you have landscape rock where your equipment will be placed, or anywhere between the equipment and pool? If so, you might want to move it out of the way. We had the builder move the rock out of the way for the pool dig, but they left it in other areas (side yard). Then when the plumbing crew dug they mixed everything up with the dirt. Took me weeks to dig and rake out rocks! Might not affect you but figured I'd mention in just in case.

Thanks for the tip. We should be ok. We had way too much rock in general anyway so if they grind some in we have plenty to spare. We're not doing any landscaping in that area either so I'm not too worried about rocks in the soil.

In a previous post you mentioned watching the travertine install carefully. Did you have issues with that? Just curious what I should be looking for?

We also had way too much rock. Our biggest problem was that we wanted to change the rock color, so it was just a big mess. It all worked out OK, just a lot of work.

I'll send you a PM about the travertine. In general we had some issues with the quality of the install.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.