Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this a return?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this a return?

This is my second year of owning a pool and using BBB. It is the first year, however, I am going to close the pool myself. I feel really stupid, but I finally noticed what looks like another return in my pool situated at the deep end seat. It has a plug in it, which looks just like the plug I took out of the other two returns when I opened the pool this year. I can't believe I really didn't notice it until now.

Here's a picture of it:

How can I tell for sure if it is another return? I have no documentation about this pool. The owner of the house didn't have any when we bought it. If it is a return, it hasn't been opened and used for the last two years. It wasn't blown out last year (I watched the pool guys blow out the lines). Should I leave it be and take out the plug when I open the pool next spring? If it is not a return, what is it?

Any help solving this mystery would be appreciated!

21,000 gallon (+ or -) in-ground plaster pool with Nautilus DE filter, 1 hp pump, and Zodiac G4 automatic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Is this a return?

I would leave it alone until spring then you can play around with it and determine whether or not it functions.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!