Cover sunk into AGP during storm, can I leave it til spring?

connie

Jul 15, 2012
Not sure where to put this but I had closed my pool. everything crystal and done according to Pool School. Then we had 70 mph winds through our valley and pool is covered in leaves on bottom as cover blue into pool! :-( I do plan a drain and refill for next year now, should I just leave as is as it is too darn cold to get in and try to get cover off bottom of pool. The flotation tubes are still there tied around the sides but those are going to come out and be put up. I do not want to drain the pool the rest of the way now as it is too cold and the ground is saturated from a week of heavy night rains, still raining now. I was literally blown away when I saw my cover flying up and down which then broke the clips I used to hold it on the to sides. Before I could control it it sunk. I did not have the strength to contain it at the time and let it just sink down in it's misery and mine.
Will this be an issue through the cold northeast winter? I sure hope not as I believe this is where the cover will stay. I did drain the pool 40% down.

Re: Cover sunk into AGP during storm, can I leave it til spr

It will be a mess. There is a chance that the debris in the bottom could leave permanent stains or at least ones that may be very difficult to scrub off.

Re: Cover sunk into AGP during storm, can I leave it til spr

I get leaves under my mess cover and I just leave it till spring. If you keep the level of chlorine high and use a brush, then the stains do come off and its fine. That has been my experience anyway. I done get a huge amount of leaves, but some is always going to get under my mesh cover for my in ground pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.