FC- 10
Cc-0
Ph-7.1
Ta-20
Ch-20
Cya-0

Added borax 44 oz as per pool calculater
And 5 lbs of baking soda.
Now waiting for another test. How long should we wait to test ?
Oh pool temp is 84. Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks brent

You do intend to add CYA as per the requirements for your SWG--------correct? We recommend 60 to 80. You can retest what you have now in a few hours with the pump running of course.. Good sized pool----I'd give it time to mix well. Keep an eye on your PH.

You can order online or any WalMart, HD, Lowe's, etc.

Get some sooner rather than later and let your FC dift back down to 2-4 ppm until you get the CYA in there, then bring it up to 3-5 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup, read up in Pool School.

Assuming your SWG is active, the CYA is still much too low.
And your pH is too high.

And depending on the pool surface, the CH could be too low.

Vinly liner. And yes I have read pool school, but it will take several times through the school before all this Greek stuff sinks in my solid thick headed skull. Lol. I'm guessing cya up. And acid to bring ph back down. Just wanted some advice from u guys though

When did you last add any CYA?
I would get the pH down to around 7.5 or so and then get some more CYA dissolving in a sock in the skimmer.

No need for the CH with the liner (add that to your signature) ... Oh and while you are in there, we like to keep the signatures to a maximum of 5 lines long. Thanks ;)

Thanks for the reply. Cya was added a little over a week ago. Ph today is down to 7.4 and I added ch to bring it up. I updated my signature, my pool is a vinly liner but my ledge is a fiberglass one. I figure on adding more cya tomorrow assuming ph is steady tomorrow when checked.

Bainsworth said:
Thanks for the reply. Cya was added a little over a week ago.
How much did you add?

Bainsworth said:
Ph today is down to 7.4 and I added ch to bring it up
On tfp CH stands for Calcium Hardness. What did you mean here? Neither Calcium or Chlorine (if by ch you meant chlorine) are used to adjust ph up.

Treat cya and ph independently. Altough cya is slightly acidic, since is dissolves slowly you will likely not notice it's effects. In addition, you swg will likely be driving your ph up. Also, I would not adjust your ph up until it drops below 7.2.

Bainsworth said:
Ph today is down to 7.4 and I added ch to bring it up.
Bainsworth said:
Ch is calcium hardness that I added to bring it up a little more.
Ph I did not touch I'm happy with it.
The way your wrote the previous post, I though you were saying you added calcium to raise ph. Now I understand.

Bainsworth said:
6 quart containers of cya was added.
I sounds like you added 6 quarts of liquid cya? Then if your pool is ~12000 gallons (is it?), then your cya should have gone up to 46 ppm and since it was liquid cya, it should have shown up at it's final value after a couple of hours of circulation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.