King Fin Brush

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
Bought one of these last year when my pool was built. Imrodee also bought one at the same time. Anyway, it works great on walls but I prefer a regular, fin-less brush for the floor of the pool.

This summer, having owned the King Fin less than a year, one of the springs broke. They do not have replacement springs on their website to order.

I emailed the Joe Brennan guy through his Innovative Aqua Products website (where I ordered the brush) twice and have not received a response. The first email was during the summer when it first broke and then again a month or so ago. I tried calling today, the first time someone answered, I could here rustling around in the background but no one spoke. Hung up and called back, got voice mail.

I'll update if I ever get a call back.

If I never am able to contact anyone, I guess I'll try the Wall Whale, at least I can go to the Leslie's store for help if it breaks.

Mr. Brennan did text me back stating he was in a meeting and he would call back.

He actually did call back, he said mine was only the second spring that had broken and that the other one was used commercially so had significant use in a short time. He stated he would send me a set of springs, no charge.

I asked who was supposed to be monitoring emails and he said it was him. Only said he was sorry and things were busy for the reason there was no response.

I'll update on when I actually get the springs. The brush DOES work well and if his story about spring breakage is true, then all should be well once I get the springs. I would recommend if anyone else needs to contact them to call and leave a message and not rely on email.

Thanks for doing that. Do you like this brush better than others you've used and do you think it's worth the extra money? I don't mind spending on quality if it is there. Appreciate the update.

It is an awesome brush for the sides of the pool. You just push it up and down, the fin gives it plenty of force against the wall. The faster you push and pull, the harder it presses. I have not used a wall whale so can't compare it to that but a regular brush takes a lot of effort to keep against the sides.

On the floor of the pool, when you are brushing stuff from the shallow end towards the drain, I don't like it as well because you can't pull it back and keep it off the floor. A regular brush just naturally has down force when pushing it, in this situation, and naturally comes off the floor when pulling it back, so it works better IMO. So you still need a regular brush too.

The spring issue wouldn't even bother me if you could just easily order replacements but maybe he's telling the truth, that they just don't break so they haven't needed to offer them. We'll see. Other than that, I love the King Fin and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I liked it enough I went through the hassle of getting the springs :) There's really not anything else to break on it, if you wear the brush bristles out, the fin can be put on a regular brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.