Help with some closing questions, please

My configuration is:
    In ground Pool.
    1 skimmer
    1 Sand Filter
    1 Heater (gas)
    1 pump.
    2 return lines and 1 main drain line.

I use a gizmo that I put into the skimmer and attach the compresser to the gizmo in order to blow out my lines.

I plug the return jet that is the farther away and leave the other one unplugged.

I have a 6 way valve on my sand filter.

I leave plugs in the cleaner, pump and filter and heater.

I leave the 3 way valve set on full skim because the main drain water will seek the same level as the water in the pool.

At this point I am not undoing any of the unions in any of the fixture plumbing.

Question: Do I drain the water out of the filter and then reinstall the drain plug before I start blowing out the water in the
    lines or do I drain the water out of the Filter, heater, and pump first and then reinstall the plugs before I start blowing
    through the gizmo?

This has always been hard for me to figure out. I did it one way one time and had to put water back into the filter etc.
    I live in NW Georgia and cover my pool with a solid loop lock cover so I do not drain the water down as I was told that it was not necessary if you were using this type cover.
    Tom

Will this method blow all the water out of the
    Tom

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with some closing questions, please

I am bumping your post so those with more experience closing an inground pool will see your question.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help with some closing questions, please

Quote Originally Posted by TGMcCallie
    My configuration is:
    In ground Pool.
    1 skimmer
    1 Sand Filter
    1 Heater (gas)
    1 pump.
    2 return lines and 1 main drain line.

I use a gizmo that I put into the skimmer and attach the compresser to the gizmo in order to blow out my lines.

I plug the return jet that is the farther away and leave the other one unplugged.

I have a 6 way valve on my sand filter.

I leave plugs in the cleaner, pump and filter and heater.

I leave the 3 way valve set on full skim because the main drain water will seek the same level as the water in the pool.

At this point I am not undoing any of the unions in any of the fixture plumbing.

Question: Do I drain the water out of the filter and then reinstall the drain plug before I start blowing out the water in the
    lines or do I drain the water out of the Filter, heater, and pump first and then reinstall the plugs before I start blowing
    through the gizmo?

This has always been hard for me to figure out. I did it one way one time and had to put water back into the filter etc.
    I live in NW Georgia and cover my pool with a solid loop lock cover so I do not drain the water down as I was told that it was not necessary if you were using this type cover.
    Tom

Will this method blow all the water out of the
    I leave the water in my sand filter and blow it out at the same time. I do blow from the pump instead of the skimmer.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover