Is This Right? (Safety Cover)

Riley1

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 6, 2013
Rockford/MI
Hi everyone,

First post, I found this site when I was researching my safety cover purchase. Being new to the safety covers I’m not sure if what I have going on is normal or not. My water level is to the low side of what the manufacturer of my cover says it should be (12” to 18” below deck). This is a Merlin Smart Mesh. Whenever it rains I get a puddle in the middle that takes days to drain. Does this look right? It sure seems to have a lot more sag than I expected.

Thanks

jvvi.jpg

pooladdict said:
Yes, its exactly as ours is, but ours doesnt take days to drain. You need to ensure water level is 12 to 18" below the cover, this adds support for the cover.

Thanks for the reply. The water level is at 16". It probably takes more like a day or so to drain most of it but then a small puddle remains for another day. I just thought it would drain out a little faster. In any case I like the cover. It's sure going to make opening and closing a lot less of a hassle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.